Friday, September 24, 2010

Don't Despise The Little Ones

If you don't love children then you might have a problem with Jesus.


Matthew 18:1-4, 10  About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?" 

2  Jesus called a little child to Him and put the child among them.  3  Then He said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.  4  So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

10  "Beware that you don't look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of My heavenly Father.

Jesus told us that we are to become just like a child in order to inherit a place in eternity with him and yet we spend so much of our time pretending to be so grown up. We want to appear to have it all together and to be self sufficient, we want people to see our strength and we will go to great lengths to hide our weaknesses.

The problem is, Jesus didn't want his followers to be that kind of people, he wanted simple, obedient child like followers that would rely on him and would trust in him to take care of our weakness.  

I need to be willing to do what ever my heavenly father ask of me.

Increase my faith Lord that you will provide the strength and the guidance for anything that you ask me to do.

You might like to read: Commands of Jesus blog series.