Do you treasure God's word?
Spending time in Bible study or daily devotions will help you develop a close relationship with God and help you view issues the way that God would see them. The Bible is a compass that will let us know when we are pleasing to God and when we need to straighten up and make some adjustments.
The most loved and the most hated book of all time, the Bible is also the most published and printed book in history, some people that love the book have suffered persecution and death because of their love for the book. Even the writers of the Bible often suffered persecution for their testimony of Jesus resurrection, lending to the truth in it's pages, who would suffer the persecution for a book of fiction? You need to read it and decide for yourself.
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right” - 2 Timothy 3:16
Here are some reasons why you should read the book that changed the world:
- Written over a time period of some 1,500 years, it was completed approximately 2,000 years ago. Yet, in all the centuries that have passed, none of its contents have ever been found to be inaccurate.
- This book has been verified by archeology, geography, politics, culture, known world history and writings in other ancient texts.
- It claims to be the words of God and it will help you get to know God, it will share with you God's character, his love and his blessing for faith and obedience. It will reveal God's judgment and punishment foe sin and it shows you the way to avoid god's wrath.
- It connects you to history’s most important figure, the entire Old Testament points to Jesus coming, and the entire New Testament is a testimony of his life and teachings.
- This story is either the biggest fraud ever created or it describes Jesus as exactly who he claims to be: the Supreme Lord and Ruler over all of mankind and the very creator God of the Universe.
- It has practical wisdom for everyday life and answers our needs to: know God, find love, find purpose, obtain forgiveness and find peace and joy.
- Because God does not change and because mankind's nature does not change, it is as relevant for us as it was when it was first written.
How to read the Bible.