Friday, September 18, 2009

Joy For The Forgiven

Pass the forgiveness to somebody else.


Psalm 32:1-5 Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty!

When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.

 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.

A lack of hope is a terrible situation to be in, having no prospect for making our situation better than it is puts us in a desperate situation, thats the predicament that we would be in without divine forgiveness. Imagine how bleak life would be if we didn't have the hope of being forgiven. What if God had never provided a means for forgiveness and you had to live with the thought that you would never measure up to God's standard.

Forgiveness that comes from our creator is our greatest need, without it David said that his body wasted away, this mighty warrior felt that his strength had vaporized like a puddle on a sidewalk in Florida.

But what absolute joy there is for those that ask God for forgiveness! He is full of compassion and mercy to those that are willing to ask! Do you live with joy?Everyone of us that claim to have a relationship with Jesus should be living with joy, just knowing what we have been spared from by having our sins forgiven should make us ecstatic.

But don't think that you can keep this gift of forgiveness to yourself,

Colossians 3:12-13 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

We have to take on the same character traits that God has and be just as forgiving to others that cross us as God was towards us. That is something that I will have to work on!

Help me to be merciful to those that need forgiveness from me, your example Lord is a challenge for all of us.