Thursday, March 04, 2010

They Gave Me A Badge For Humility

And then they took it away because I wore it.


Proverbs 11:2  Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Micah 6:8  No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Pride is one of the last things that a Christ follower should have in their life, pride causes us to focus on ourselves, as if we were anything great.

Our focus is very important, if we focus on ourselves then we will see ourselves as greater than we really are and we will see God as less than he really is.

Psalm 105:1 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.

If I want to be God's man on a mission then I need to be humble in all of my ministry opportunities and keep my focus on God. I need to proclaim God's greatness and keep people from seeing me being busy for God and have them think that I am doing it on my own, I want them to realize that I am just another sinner that God has decided that he can use for his purposes.

Help me to be a humble man Lord, don't ever let me take the credit for all that you have done.

You might like to read:
Humility Is More Important Than You Think  //  Are You Looking Good  //  Greatness Redefined