Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hope To Carry On

God's promises will keep you going.


Romans 15:4b  And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.

Psalm 119:47  How I delight in your commands! How I love them! 48  I honor and love your commands. I meditate on your decrees. 49  Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope. 50  Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles. 51  The proud hold me in utter contempt, but I do not turn away from your instructions. 52  I meditate on your age-old regulations; O LORD, they comfort me.

This week I have learned that Bible study is powerful for transforming my thinking into the way that God thinks and I learned that Bible study is beneficial to us in that it gives us a firm foundation, real truth that we can build our lives upon that will stand during the storms of life.

Probably all of us know what it is like to wreak the car or lose a job or worse yet a loved one, some of us know how it feels to have poor health, to suffer divorce or to have someone beat you down. The Lord loves his people, there is no doubt, even though he doesn't remove us from the misery of this world. There are plenty of reasons to feel frustrated and down in the dumps but there are even greater reasons to be encouraged and to have hope.

God gave us his word to provide us with hope, the whole overall theme of the Bible is hope for the believer, God knew that we would need to know that there is a better day coming. He knew that we would need to have our hope renewed each day.

2 Peter 1:4  And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises.

I am blessed because of the hope that is shared in God's word, I will take time to dig in everyday, why neglect such a resource?

Thank you Lord for the hope that you have given us through your word. Help me to use your word to encourage others.