Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Is It Bad? Rejoice Anyway!

I am blessed no matter how bad it looks at the moment.


Habakkuk 3:17-19 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.

You can tell a lot about a person when everything that he has is taken away from him, for some a major loss of creature comforts and a lack of resources is enough to make them sit and pity themselves, for others they can see the blessings of material goods disappear and realize that their joy is in the strength and salvation that the Lord has blessed them with. These are blessings that cannot be taken away.

This world and all the things that we feel like we need to accumulate are only temporary. We get sucked into the world's way of thinking that we need to get everything we can whether it's more toys or more food or newer clothes.

Our greatest source of joy should be our salvation, if I cannot rejoice in any circumstance then I have lost my perspective, the Lord has blessed me with the promise of a bright future in His kingdom.

I want to live by Job's motto: "The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!" 

Help me to always be joyful, Lord; you have blessed me with the assurance of your salvation, and a home for eternity with you.