Sunday, April 10, 2011

Could It Get Any Better - Lenten Bible Readings

We have God on our side!


Romans 8:31-34  What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?

33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one, or God himself has given us right standing with himself.

34 Who then will condemn us? No one, for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

I'm the comeback kid, don't think that I am the underdog and that I don't stand a chance, I have God on my side!

If I have right standing with God, how dare you judge me and put me down, God has the right to judge me but instead he fixed our relationship so that I can call him my father. It is amazing how much we judge each other when the one that has the right to judge isn't doing it.

Jesus is pleading for those that belong to him. We needed forgiveness and he provided, is there any doubt that he will provide anything else we need since he has already provide us with the most expensive gift that we needed.

1 John 2:1-2  We have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. 2 He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

Thank you Lord for your sacrifice that gave me the greatest gift that I needed. Thank you Lord for providing so many blessing everyday.