Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Worship As A Lifestyle

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.


Matthew 28:16-17  Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.  17  When they saw Him, they worshiped Him--but some of them doubted!

Romans 12:1  And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him.

The lifestyle of a disciple is a lifestyle that cannot be separated from worship. After all worship comes from passionate love for God and this is the number one goal of disciple making, to create another individual that is so in love with God that he cannot hold back from worshiping Him.

The worship lifestyle can only come from an individual that is intimate with God, somebody that spends time alone with Him. What if I said that I love my wife but I was always looking for something else to do rather than spending my time with her, there wouldn't be much of a reason to believe that I am in love with her, but that is how the majority of those that profess to be a Christian treat God.

Luke 4:8  Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only Him.'"

The more satisfied I am with God, the more satisfied I will be living for God, living a lifestyle of constant praise and adoration for him.

Thank you Lord for all the blessings that you give so freely to me, I want to keep it all in perspective, remembering where they all come from and giving you praise.