Saturday, May 01, 2010

El Olam

The many names of God in the Scripture provide us with insight into His character.


Genesis 21:33 Then Abraham planted a tamarisk tree at Beersheba, and there he worshiped the LORD, the Eternal God.
Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation.

Psalms 103:17 But the love of the LORD remains forever with those who fear Him. His salvation extends to the children of the children.

El Olam - “the Everlasting God,” from an original form meaning “the God of eternity.”

Almost everything in this life is going to fade away, all of the things that we work so hard to acquire that just end up belonging to somebody else or they end up in the garbage can after we are gone. That is not true of my God the eternal God, he is the God of eternity.

What does an everlasting God mean to me? It means that he will always be there, unchanged, always in control and always powerful. The God that took care of Abraham will be there to take care of me and he will be there throughout all of eternity.

The incredible thing is that you and I are eternal beings too. The question that we must have the correct answer to is, where am I going to spend my eternity at?

He has created me to enjoy eternity with him but he isn't going to force me to be there with him,  the choice is mine to make, it seems crazy to even say that there is a choice, when you consider what the alternative is.

I choose to spend eternity with God, his love continues forever and I want to be there with him to experience it.

Thank you Lord for providing a way for me to spend eternity with you, to experience your presence and your love that will never end.