Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fill-up On Truth

Get filled up on the good stuff.


Psalms 36:1-4 Sin whispers to the wicked, deep within their hearts. They have no fear of God at all. 

In their blind conceit, they cannot see how wicked they really are. Everything they say is crooked and deceitful. They refuse to act wisely or do good. They lie awake at night, hatching sinful plots. Their actions are never good. They make no attempt to turn from evil.

Sin is so deceiving, we must be careful, you can be right in the middle of it and not have a clue. Sin can setup a place to live in our hearts and we will hardly know it, it doesn't shout at us and get in our face and look so obviously wrong, instead it comes on slowly and just slightly a little bit out of whack. 

We have to be careful that we fill our hearts with good things, sin is waiting and so eager to get in our hearts, the best way to keep sin out of there is to constantly fill our hearts with the truth.

I must continue to fill my heart with truth, through daily Bible study and prayer, Christian music and literature, getting my news from a Christian news organization are all great ways to fill up on truth and keep from falling for lies. It is wise to fill up on these things and listen to what God is telling me instead of what sin wants me to do.

Thank you for the wisdom found in your word Lord, I pray that I will always fill my heart with the good things that come from you and keep myself from falling for sins trap.