Monday, March 22, 2010

Choices

It's our decision 


 Luke 1:38 Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true." And then the angel left her.

The Son of God is coming (Luke 1:32) isn't that great news! What would you think about the news if you were an unwed Jewish girl and the penalty for sexual relations before marriage could mean death? How does that make you "blessed among women?"

Mary submitted her future completely and voluntarily over to God, she chose to be God's servant, unlike a slave that doesn't have a choice. Mary submitted herself to God be used however he chose to use her, this was a painful sacrifice, her life was in danger, her reputation was ruined, her fiancé could reject her, we don't even know how her parents reacted.

Mary was willing to give up all of her security and make painful sacrifices to be used by God. Her choice to be a servant is a choice that we can all make but we aren't forced to make, none of us are slaves to God and we have to decide for ourselves who is going to be in control.

I have to decide everyday in every situation who is going to be in charge, I get to decide my fate, am I going to submit to God and live for something bigger than myself?

Thank you Lord that you have awesome plans that you want to accomplish through simple little people like me. I want to give into your will every day.