Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Appreciate The Blessings

Don't let them be wasted on you.


I have been reading “Don’t Waste Your Life” by John Piper, my blog will be based on my thoughts from his book.

Isaiah 26:8 “Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts”

Isaiah 43:7 “Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them. ”

Psalms 90:14 Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied, “ You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.”

Revelation 3:16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

You see it happening everyday, somebody that has wreaked their life dies and you think to yourself “What a wasted life.” I wonder how many lives that we don’t recognize as being wasted actually are.

“The opposite of wasting your life is living life by a single God-exalting, soul-satisfying passion. The well-lived life must be God-exalting and soul-satisfying because that is why God created us.” –John Piper

We were created for God to receive glory in everything that we do and in everything that happens to us. If we live for anything else or for anybody else then we have lived a wasted life.

We should be living with a constant awareness of what he has done for us and it should affect our behavior as we go about living our everyday lives. Without his benevolence to us in sending Christ to die on our behalf we would have nothing. Every blessing that we have every comfort and luxury are from him.

We should desire to make God famous, we should be obedient, loving the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind, anything less that we give to him is a gross neglect and disregard for his blessing. We are called to treasure the act of love that God showed to us and appreciate it as the source of every blessing and comfort that we have in Jesus.

“If you refuse to see God in his gifts, they will turn out not to be gifts but High Court evidence of ingratitude.” –John Piper

Philippians 3:7-8 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ

Galatians 6:14 “Far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.”

Without Christ death and resurrection we get nothing but judgment and condemnation, therefore everything that you enjoy as a Christian is owing to the death of Christ.

I need to trace all my joy and blessings back to the source, if I take the glory or if I give it away somewhere else then obviously I am not very grateful for the love that God has for me and the purpose that I am here for. I am here to give glory to God.

You are an awesome God full of love and mercy. Thank you for blessing me and giving me a place in eternity with you.