Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Watch Out

Scripture


Luke 21:34-36  "Watch out! Don't let my sudden coming catch you unawares; don't let me find you living in careless ease, carousing and drinking, and occupied with the problems of this life, like all the rest of the world. 36 Keep a constant watch. And pray that if possible you may arrive in my presence without having to experience these horrors."

Luke 12:35-40  "Be prepared--all dressed and ready-- 36 for your Lord's return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. 37 There will be great joy for those who are ready and waiting for his return. 39 "Everyone would be ready for him if they knew the exact hour of his return--just as they would be ready for a thief if they knew when he was coming. 40 So be ready all the time. For I, the Messiah, will come when least expected."

Observation

Watch out! Be ready all the time. I remember when I was a kid and my parents were on the way home and I wasn’t ready for their return, I had to hurry up and get the house in order. How embarrassing it will be when Jesus comes for me and I have not been living to please him, you cannot clean up your heart fast enough. I should always remember Ephesians 4:17 – 5:21, Paul told us what a child of God should look like and told us to be careful how we live because the days are evil.

We should be living with urgency, not in “careless ease or occupied with the problems of this life.” Our way of life should be as a pilgrim that is heading to a sacred place, our minds should be set on our destination and being prepared for our arrival in his presence.

Rev 16:15   "Take note: I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are awaiting me, who keep their robes in readiness and will not need to walk naked and ashamed."

Application

I will warn somebody of the danger ahead for those that do not know you.

Prayer

Lord I pray that I will always be ready and that I will live with urgency and travel light through this world.