Wednesday, August 04, 2010

What's In Your Wallet?

Lay up your treasure in the right place.


Matthew 6:19-21  "Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.  20  Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.  21  Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

1 Timothy 6:17-19  Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.  18  Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others.  19  By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.

Accumulating wealth is a great idea, go for as much of it as you can get, in fact let's be greedy about it. Well that is if you are thinking about the treasure that you are storing away in heaven.

I need to let go of  my earthly treasure and use it to help me accumulate treasure in heaven. I must not be proud of how well I can provide for my needs or place my trust in my earthly wealth, instead I need to be generous and willing to help those that are in need that I have the ability to help. That way my treasure will be stored in the right place to prevent suffering any loss, there isn't any access for thieves and the stock market won't crash, this treasure is made to last.
1 Peter 1:4  and we have a priceless inheritance--an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.
Help me Lord to remember that my money belongs to you, help me to know how to use it for your purpose.

You might like to read: Commands of Jesus blog series