Friday, June 18, 2010

Jesus Disciples Are Not Working Alone

No one is more committed to the mission of the church than the Holy Spirit.


Matthew 28:20  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

John 14:16-18  And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.  17   He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it isn't looking for Him and doesn't recognize Him. But you know Him, because He lives with you now and later will be in you.  18  No, I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you.

We are going to need some help to make disciples, Jesus said that he would be with us always, disciple makers are not alone in their work we can depend on Jesus to help us.

The Holy Spirit is a part of the process, his work starts with salvation and it continues throughout our spiritual growth, he leads us to repentance and then to discipleship and onward again toward disciple-making.

Luke 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what needs to be said.

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit.

I need to remember that the Holy Spirit gives me the words, the timing for my words and the power to go and share about the good news.

Help me Lord to never get used to the fact that hell is real and people are going there everyday. Help me to be serious about my mission here on earth.