Wednesday, August 13, 2008

God's Lost And Found

Scripture


Luke 15:23-24, 31-32  We must celebrate with a feast, 24 for this son of mine was dead and has returned to life. He was lost and is found.' So the party began.

31 " 'Look, dear son,' his father said to him, 'you and I are very close, and everything I have is yours. 32 But it is right to celebrate. For he is your brother; and he was dead and has come back to life! He was lost and is found!' "

Observation

Everybody loves to find something valuable, God finds great value in you and I and when we come to him with humility he is ready to forgive us and take us back into fellowship with him. He is ready to celebrate when we return because we are his most valuable creation.

Just look at how much he loves us!
1 John 3:1  How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Just look at all the things that he does for us!
Psalms 103:1-5,8-13  I bless the holy name of God with all my heart. 2 Yes, I will bless the Lord and not forget the glorious things he does for me.

3 He forgives all my sins. He heals me. 4 He ransoms me from hell. He surrounds me with loving-kindness and tender mercies. 5 He fills my life with good things! My youth is renewed like the eagles! 8 He is merciful and tender toward those who don't deserve it; he is slow to get angry and full of kindness and love. 9 He never bears a grudge, nor remains angry forever. 

10 He has not punished us, as we deserve for all our sins, 11 for his mercy toward those who fear and honor him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12 He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west. 13 He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic to those who reverence him. 

Application

I will remember how much love that you have for me and all the many things that you do for me.

Prayer

Help me to always see your love and how well you treat me, even when life does not seem fair.