Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jesus Disciples Should Be Satisfied

What we hunger and thirst for will determine if we are satisfied or not.



Matthew 5:6   God blesses those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,  for they will be satisfied.

Jesus disciples should be the most satisfied people on earth, after all what greater satisfaction could there be greater than working for the Lord? If you are not satisfied then perhaps you are looking for it in the wrong place.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:13-14 that we are supposed to be salt and light but most of the time we are busy trying to be rich and famous. Just like the rich man of Matthew 19:17-22, we are getting our satisfaction in our many possessions and we refuse to look at our mission on earth as our total source of satisfaction.

I have never met a soul who has set out to satisfy the Lord and has not been satisfied himself. - Watchman Nee

God wants to use me as an agent for change in this world, I need to pursue the things that he wants me to hunger and thirst for so that I will have lasting fulfillment and satisfaction.

Help me Lord to always find satisfaction in you and your mission for my life.