Thursday, March 11, 2010

Give Generously

God's Economics 101 class


Proverbs 11:24 Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything.

Proverbs 19:17 If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD--and He will repay you!

Deuteronomy 15:10 Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the LORD your God will bless you in everything you do.

God's ways are beyond logic sometimes, his economic principles are totally opposite what the world tells me to do with my money, check out Economics 101 at any school and you will see how God's ways are different from our ways.

God says to be generous, give it away and do it with a good attitude, I can go through the motions and lay the money out there but if my attitude stinks then it doesn't matter what my actions were. Anybody can do the right thing with a little bit of effort but my attitude proves the condition of my heart and shows how much I am like my Savior.

Jesus gave it all away for me, he left his home in heaven and even gave up his life, certainly I can give of my time, talent and resources to help somebody in need and do it without complaining.

Lord, help me to always be a cheerful giver. I want to give you my money, my time and my talents to you so that I can be a part of the work that you are doing.