Friday, October 02, 2009

Are You Comfortable?

Are you wearing the snuggie of blessings?


1 Corinthians 15:30-31 And why should we ourselves risk our lives hour by hour? For I swear, dear brothers and sisters, that I face death daily. This is as certain as my pride in what Christ Jesus our Lord has done in you.

2 Corinthians 1:4-5 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ

I learned in yesterday's post that God comforts his children and helps them with their burdens. In today's scripture I want to think about the fact that there are too many of God's children that are way too cozy.

I am asking myself questions like:
  • How much of my time should be spent doing something to make Jesus known to others?
  • How much do I do that has any significance for God's kingdom?
  • How much more kingdom work should be getting accomplished?
I am pretty sure that we are all guilty of being too comfortable, siting in the snuggie of our blessings to keep us warm, in my recliner in front of my TV, with my remote control, a kitchen full of food and beverages at my disposal. That's a lot of comfort!

How can I make a difference for the kingdom if I am sitting on the sidelines? God's plan isn't for me to stay in my comfort zone. We have been comforted not so that we can be comfortable, rather we are comforted and blessed because it is God's plan for us to pass it on to others.
"Comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable." - Finley Peter Dunne
Lord, help me to be wise in how I use my resources that you have blessed me with. I don't want to waste my time and your blessings, help me to use them to reach out to those in need, only then will I make a difference for eternity.