Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Back To The Garden

I was made to be royal but I was torn from the garden.


Video: Crowder - Back To The Garden

I was born to be royal
I was made to be free
But I was torn from the garden
When that devil lied to me

I was formed from the soil 
I got dirt inside of me 
But I was born to be royal 
I was made for glory

Take me back to the garden 
Take me back and walk with me 
For Your presence I am longing 
Take me back God, take me back!

Take me down to the river 
Down to Eden's crystal streams 
Where every sin can be forgiven 
Holy Ghost come set me free

Gardens have a special place in history, in the beginning life began in a beautiful garden and that's where the first battle with sin took place. The first Adam failed in a garden but later the second Adam stepped into a garden that was marred by sin to prepare for the battle that would change the world.

When you see the awesome start to human history back in the Garden of Eden you can't keep yourself from longing to go back there. To experience a sinless existence is an awesome thought but to also be in God's presence for eternity is definitely beyond comprehension.
Eagerly Waiting
Romans 8:23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as His adopted children, including the new bodies He has promised us.

1 Corinthians 1:7 Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 5:5 But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us.

Philippians 3:20 But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for Him to return as our Savior.

2 Timothy 4:8 And now the prize awaits me--the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of His return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to His appearing.

Titus 2:13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for Him.
I can't wait to get to the garden where there will not be any sin, crying, sadness or death. The river flowing through this garden will flow forever and the tree of life will produce everlasting fruit and best of all the glory of God will be fully revealed to us there!