Saturday, June 22, 2013

God's Incredible Power

God's power should not be scary to his friends.


God's Power

Ephesians 1:19-23  I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe Him. This is the same mighty power  20  that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.   

21  Now He is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else--not only in this world but also in the world to come.  22  God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made Him head over all things for the benefit of the church.  23  And the church is His body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with Himself.

God's power is incredible, the force that created everything out of nothing and gives life to man may seem like something that you should be afraid of but we don't have to live in fear that we will be hit with a bolt of lightning from the sky, God's incredible power is actually for our benefit.

Instead of being scared, God wants to have a loving relationship with his children, his power is our ally and is used for our benefit, instead of coming at us in judgment against us. God's power is manifest in our lives through his written word, his power to save us and redeem us from sin is through his blood, his power to change us is worked out through the Holy Spirit.

The unlimited power of God that raised Jesus and took him back to heaven to sit at God's throne is the power that we can count on in our lives. There was power exerted for the believer at our conversion. There will be power exerted in keeping us. There will be power in raising us up from the dead and power to take us up with Christ to heaven.

Since Jesus is at God's right hand as our advocate we know that we do not have to live in fear of God's judgement. That doesn't give me freedom to sin, God wants me to be so much more righteous and holy than what I will ever be here on earth, but my failures should not make me live in fear of him. Jesus is at the right hand of God for the benefit of the church which he loves so much that he died for her.
Is Jesus your friend?
John 15:12-17  This is My commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  13  There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.  14  You are My friends if you do what I command.  15  I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in His slaves. Now you are My friends, since I have told you everything the Father told Me.  16  You didn't choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name.  17  This is My command: Love each other.

Romans 5:8-11  But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.  9  And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, He will certainly save us from God's condemnation.  10  For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of His Son while we were still His enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of His Son.  11  So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.
There isn't any way that you will find a better friend than the friendship that you can have with the one that gave you life and wants to give you life that will last for eternity. God has done everything necessary to take away the barriers that stood between him and man.

Thank you Lord for making it possible to have a relationship with you; your mercy and forgiveness toward man are priceless. I am so glad that your awesome power is being used to benefit me to shape me and make me more like you.