Saturday, August 13, 2011

Focus On God

Take a look at my awesome God!


Psalm 77:13  God, Your way is holy. What god is great like God?

Psalm 19:1-6  The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands.

Psalm 103:11-13  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His faithful love toward those who fear Him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.

Psalm 111:4  He has caused His wonderful works to be remembered. The LORD is gracious and compassionate.

Our mind is so limited when it comes to grasping who God is, the scriptures tell us a lot about him but our ability to comprehend who he is with our little brains is so limited.

Yesterday's post was about maintaining our relationship with God so that he will hear us when we pray, we talked about doing the right thing, today's scriptures talk about thinking the right thing, we have to keep the right attitude about who he is. King David knew about the characteristics of God, many of his Psalms tell us about them: he is holy, glorious, full of love, forgiveness and compassion.

God is focused on me, he proves it with his love and forgiveness for me, I need to focus on him and realize what a great ally he is.

It is amazing Lord, that you care so much about me and that you had me in mind when you came to save me from the death penalty. Help me to keep my eyes on you.