Friday, August 12, 2011

The Prayer That God Listens To

If your relationship is a wreck then God won't listen.


Isaiah 59:1-2 Indeed, the Lord’s hand is not too short to save, and His ear is not too deaf to hear. But your iniquities have have built barriers between you and your God, and your sins have made Him hide His face from you so that He does not listen.

Psalm 66:16-20 Come and listen, all who fear God, and I will tell what He has done for me.

17 I cried out to Him with my mouth, and praise was on my tongue. 18 If I had been aware of malice in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.

19 However, God has listened; He has paid attention to the sound of my prayer. 20 May God be praised! He has not turned away my prayer or turned His faithful love from me.

Nobody likes to talk to somebody and have them ignore us, sometimes talking to God is like that, the cause of unanswered prayer a lot of the time is that God isn't going to be abused.

In an abusive relationship there aren't any winners, neither the victim or the perpetrator, everybody loses. God isn't willing to be in that kind of relationship with us, he refuses to mistreated, we cannot refuse to bow down to him as our Lord and then ask him to bow down to our wishes.

Even if my relationship with him is good I still need to be careful about my attitude in prayer. I need to be certain that I am treating God with the respect and reverence that he deserves. My relationship needs to be more than a place to go shopping, it needs to be about me giving to him, after all look at how much he has given to us already. 

Psalm 6:9 The Lord has heard my plea for help; the Lord accepts my prayer.

You are an awesome God, I thank you for caring about your creation and desiring to have a relationship with us.