Thursday, January 13, 2011

Resolution #5 - Make The Most Of Today

Sieze the day because time is ticking away.


Ephesian 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13  I have concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they live, and also that everyone should eat and drink, and find enjoyment in all his toil, for these things are a gift from God.

Philippians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, rejoice!

Psalm 144:4 For we are like a breath of air; our days are like a passing shadow.  

When we are little our lives seem to be so long, each birthday seems to never get here and Christmas is an eternity away, but the older we get the faster the gears on the clock seem to turn. Even as fast as time seems to be moving it still seems like we have plenty of days left to take care of our good intentions.

There seems to be plenty of time to:
  • Work less
  • Increase family time
  • Love more
  • Listen to somebody that needs to share
  • Get physically fit
  • Be kinder 
  • Focus on others
Before we know it we have spent too much of our day on the things that didn't matter. The urgent things that pop-up each day, the cares of life and the desire to accumulate wealth can easily get in the way of doing what I really intend to do.

I need to enjoy each day as a gift from God and invest my time in what really matters. People matter to God and he has called us to be his hands and feet to show the world his love, I want to be busy doing the work that God created me to do.

Help me Lord to be your hands and feet, showing your love to my family and to everyone around me. I want to be busy doing your work until my days on earth are gone.