Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Heart Of Worship

Don't be so full of pride, listen to God when he gives you a heads up.


Genesis 4:3 At harvest time Cain brought to the LORD a gift of his farm produce, 4 while Abel brought several choice lambs from the best of his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his offering, 5 but he did not accept Cain and his offering. This made Cain very angry and dejected.

6 "Why are you so angry?" the LORD asked him. "Why do you look so dejected? 7 You will be accepted if you respond in the right way. But if you refuse to respond correctly, then watch out! Sin is waiting to attack and destroy you, and you must subdue it."

Since the beginning of time man has worshiped God, it seems to me that I would be motivated to worship God the right way if he were somebody that I had a direct conversation with. If God came into my presence and told me directly that i was messing it up then I think I would make the appropriate changes.

Abel got a tip from God that he needed to do it the right way and instead of making his worship all about God he continued to keep his focus on himself, sometimes we are too full of pride and we refuse to listen to anybody, including God.

I need to keep my focus on the one that I am worshiping and block out what is going on around me, my only concern should be on His greatness and majesty, everything else should seem fade out of view if I have the heart of worship.

You are awesome God and only you ar worthy of praise, help me to worship you with the right attitude and focus.