Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Big Obedience Comes From Big Faith

The largest construction project that the world had ever seen was the last one that they saw.


Genesis 6:22 So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.

Hebrews 11:1-2 What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see.

2 God gave his approval to people in days of old because of their faith.

When I was young I was on my way to Sunday School every Sunday with a King James Bible in hand, the details of the ark were not very clear to me as we read about the size of the ark, I had never seen a tape measure marked off in cubits. The world had never seen anything so large being built, there were not any high-rise buildings and the tower of Babel wasn't thought of yet, this was the construction project that out did anything that had been built.

Genesis 6:15  "Make it 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high."

A man of lesser faith would have met the same demise as the rest of the world but Noah's faith was big enough to build the biggest thing that they had ever seen and he did it with primitive tools. Building this boat wasn't a resonable project to take on, afterall he could not take a trip to the construction supply company to purchase lumber or to get a crane, the labor pool was very small as far as we know it was probably only four people building this huge ride.

The only way that Noah was able to complete this assignment is through faith that was big enough to take him beyond what was reasonable to think that he could accomplish, God gave him a job to do and it was only through faith that he was able to complete the task.

I need to have faith to accomplish what God wants me to do no matter how large.

Thank you Lord for giving me faith, I pray that it will grow stronger everyday so that I will be obedient to do anything that you may ask.