Thursday, November 18, 2010

God Loves His Church

Together we can do great things


1 Thessalonians 1:4  We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be His own people.

Ephesians 1:4-5  Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes.  5  God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.

The organization that we call the church is made up of God's people, the people that he truly loves, people that bring him great pleasure. And why not, after all the church accomplishes a lot of great things for the kingdom. God established the church so that we can work together in cooperation to be his hands and feet to share his love to a world full of hate, a world full of despair, a world that doesn't have any hope without his son Jesus.

Paul wrote to the Thessalonian church and shared how much God loved them, this was a church comprised of Jews and Gentiles, notice that God's love has been shared with everyone no matter their origin or family tree.

I need to be connected with my local church so that together we can accomplish great things for the kingdom. By myself I can only do what I can do but together as a body we can get the upgrade and do bigger things to show the world that Jesus loves them.

Lord Jesus I am so thankful that you have chosen to use me to work for you, help me to always stay in tune with you and your will for my ministry.