Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Jesus Disciples Should Be Pure

You can't get close to God without it. 


Matthew 5:8   God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.

James 4:8  Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

A disciple has to stay close to the teacher in order to learn what they are supposed to know, there isn't a long distance learning program when it comes to discipleship, the only way to learn is to spent time in class just like the twelve disciples did.

There is a prerequisite for being able to spend time close to the Savior in a learning environment and that is that you have to have inward purity, the place where Jesus looked on the inside, which is opposite of the Pharisees who are just looking at the outward actions.

Jesus character must shine through in me starting from the inside and then working it's way outward through my actions, if I am not pure on the outside God knows it and as a result he will not draw close and be in fellowship with me. I must be somebody that he can draw close to if I expect to see him.

Thank you Lord for making it possible to have a relationship with you and for being able to draw close to my creator, help me to grow closer as I grow as your disciple.