Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hate

Jesus dares you to love God more than anyone or anything else.


Luke 14:25-26  A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them,   "If you want to be My disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be My disciple."

2 Timothy 2:3-4  Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Soldiers don't get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them.

A soldier has to have his mind made up, his loyalty must be to his mission, it isn't a good thing for him to decide that he isn't one humdred percent committed to the mission. People can die if a soldier waivers.

So it is in the Army of the Lord, our minds must be set on God first and then our family second and then everything else. If we get it tangled up in our heads and we don't put God first and carry out the deployment that he has sent us out on then the rest of the platoon is going to suffer, there could even be casualties.

In order to please Jesus, the man that enlisted me, I must have a single minded devotion that is the way to have the greatest impact for the kingdom. I need to be so committed to God and his purpose for my life that everything else pales in comparison.

Lord help me to stay focused on you and to be unwaivering in my devotion to the task that you have deployed me for.