Monday, May 04, 2009

God Uses My Weakness

scripture

Judges 3 and 4

observation

God’s chosen people did not always choose him, too many times they turned their backs and went their own way and then they would cry out in their misery and the Lord would faithfully take them back.

Ehud was one of the first judges that led the people back to the Lord. Ehud was the man that took his concealed sword out and ran it into King Eglon of Moab. Ehud was a brave man, who would think of bringing a sword into the palace and killing the king right there in his palace and then sneaking away. Ehud’s victory ushered in peace that lasted for eighty years.

Contrast Ehud with Barak, the next warrior for Israel. Barak was told by Deborah that she had an order directly from God “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, commands you” seems like every time that the Lord told the Israelites to go to battle they always won. There is no way of knowing why Barak wanted Deborah to go along into the battle, most men that led Israel into battle were more confident than this guy, but never the less he is victorious despite his weakness.

Hebrews 11:34 Their weakness was turned to strength.

God has chosen many times to use the underdog, the guy that is willing yet weak, that’s the guy that the Lord uses many times to show His power and strength.

application

I want the Lord to use me in any way that he pleases. I need to keep my weaknesses from getting in the way and allow God to stretch me and use me even if it is outside my comfort zone.

prayer

Thank you Lord for saving me and giving me a new life, I pray that I will follow you and be obedient even when it isn’t comfortable.