Thursday, January 22, 2009

Come And Get The Rest You Need.

scripture

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

observation

Maybe your New Year's resolution was to slow down and rest and maybe you just haven't made any progress towards slowing down.

There is a rest that we all need, it's the rest that we are all longing for inside to unload our burdens and rest in Jesus.

He came to free his church from the burden of those carnal ordinances, all the rituals and rules that the Pharisees forced on the church.

He came to free us from the bondage to sin that would lead us to eternity in hell. We have an invitation that we should accept, an invitation to accept him as our Physician and Advocate

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Jesus said "My yoke is easy and my burden is light"

We need not be afraid of his yoke for the burden of Christ’s cross is a light burden,

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

We must come to Jesus Christ as our Teacher, a teacher that taught by example,

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

We need to look to Jesus to guide us and then we will find rest for our souls

Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

application

I need to remember to take up my cross daily and seek the Lord's wisdom in everything that I do.

prayer

Help me Lord to take every step in ministry as I rest in you and learn what you want me to do. thank you for lifting the burden of my sin debt that I could not pay.