Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Love Without Limits - 40 Days Of Love

How many neighbors do you have?


Luke 10:29, 36-37  The man wanted to justify his actions, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

 36 “Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked.

 37 The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.” Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.”

Limits are good, very good, they help me feel comfortable. When it comes to love I want to decide who, what, when and where. Jesus tells us that the world is our neighborhood and everyone in it is my neighbor, everyone.

Everyone as your neighbor is a very radical concept from our selfish human point of view, but I need to show love the way that thankfully God showed to me.

A love that knows no limits is willing to love those that the rest of the world says is not valuable or not worth the effort. It is an inconvenient love that requires us to take advantage of each opportunity as it comes our way.

I need to accept everybody the way that Jesus accepts them.

Help me Lord to see the world through your eyes.