Thursday, July 08, 2010

Follow Me

Disciples of Jesus must be followers of Jesus

Matthew 4:19   Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”

Matthew 16:24  Then Jesus said to the disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me.

John 12:26   Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.

Some people are "directionally challenged" I love those people that need help with getting somewhere. It makes me happy when I know the way and there is somebody that needs me to show it to them.

Jesus knows the way and he loves to show it to his disciples, he knows where he is going and he wants to take us along. If we would just obey his command to "follow me" then he will be the light for our path so that we will never get lost.
John 8:12 Jesus said to the people, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
I like to lead, I don't follow too well, this is something that has caused problems in life. So many times when I was in charge of what direction that I was going to go in usually took me down some dirt roads with some big potholes.

I need to follow the light of the world and be sure to stay off of those roads that lead away from the light.

Jesus forgive me for those times when I was in control and I decided to chart my own course instead of following you.