Monday, September 28, 2009

Unfailing Love

Love is the greatest.


Micah 7:19-20 You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love.

Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!

You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago.

1Corinthians 13:8 But love will last forever!

It is amazing that every world religion in its attempt to connect with God and win his approval they all pull out the scales and see how they balance out. How did I do today was it more good than bad? Will God love me enough?

When God reached out to man he didn't throw a set of scales down to us and say good luck, instead he sent us a Savior, a substitue payment for our sins. Even though God was angry with us for our selfish ways he still took "delight in showing unfailing love."

God has been wronged far worse than I have ever been, and yet his love is still unfailing, instead of throwing the scales at us he picks up our sin and tosses them to the ocean floor.

I need to practice forgiving and loving as God has forgiven me.

I have never been wronged anywhere close to how my Savior was treated. Help me to follow your example and always show love and to let go of every wrong.