And those, whose faith has made them good in God's sight, must live by faith, trusting him in everything.
Heb 10:38 (Living)
What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead.
Heb 11:1 (Living)
You can never please God without faith, without depending on him.
Heb 11:6 (Living)
These men of faith I have mentioned died without ever receiving all that God had promised them; but they saw it all awaiting them on ahead and were glad, for they agreed that this earth was not their real home but that they were just strangers visiting down here. 14 And quite obviously when they talked like that, they were looking forward to their real home in heaven.
If they had wanted to, they could have gone back to the good things of this world. 16 But they didn't want to. They were living for heaven. And now God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has made a heavenly city for them.
Heb 11:13-16 (Living)
But others trusted God and were beaten to death, preferring to die rather than turn from God and be free--trusting that they would rise to a better life afterwards.
Want to know how to please God? One thing that is essential to please him is that you must have faith. How do you know that you have faith? Others will be able to see you using it, faith should be a verb.
- If Abraham had not packed his bag and left town, we would never know.
- If Noah hadn’t built a really huge boat, we would never know.
- If Moses didn’t go talk to Pharaoh, we would never know.
- If Joshua didn’t cross the Jordan River and circle the city of Jericho for six days with no results then we would never know that he believed that on day seven the walls would fall.
- If David hadn’t picked up the rock and loaded up his slingshot, we would never know.
These are just a few of the men that exercised faith, if they had not used it we wouldn’t know that they had it. I need to be sure that my actions testify that I have faith.
I need to step out with confidence when God tells me to do something. Its time to live dangerously for God.
Lord, increase my faith.