Tuesday, September 04, 2018

You Say

The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me.


Video: Lauren Daigle - You Say

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)

You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe, oh I believe
What You say of me
I believe

The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, (ooh oh)

Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, (ooh oh)

It is so easy to think that all of our failures is what defines us. It seems irrational that someone as good as God is could look beyond that big pile of failures, wrong turns and mistakes to see us as someone of infinite worth.

The gospel changes everything; it took me from a pile of filthy rags and made me into a precious jewel with an incredible future!
Who I Am In Christ
I am Jesus’ friend.
John 15:15 – I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

I am victorious.
Philippians 4:13 –  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I am God’s handiwork and destined to do good works.
Ephesians 3:10 NIV – “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

I am an heir of God and joint heirs with Christ.
Romans 8:17 – and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

I am more than a conqueror.
Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

I am adopted as God’s son.
Ephesians 1:5 “He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.”

RELATED ARTICLES
Who I Am In Christ (diggingtheword.blogspot.com)