Sunday, January 24, 2016

Everything I Need

There is only one source of strength that I need to live for God.


2 Peter 1:3-4  By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Checkout the unlimited power that we have in our lives to live the way that God wants. I did not do anything to deserve it, he is offering this power to all of his children, he has done this because of his glory and excellence.

God promises that we can live above the evil worldly sin nature because we have his nature in us. God's children are enabled to share in his nature and moral excellence which is far greater than the code of ethics that our world lives by.

My eternal life starts now, I shouldn't sit back and wait to be changed when I get to heaven, I should already be making progress toward being like my Savior. So many of God's children don't look much different than the rest of the world, they have not made any steps forward in becoming who God wants them to be, Jesus doesn't want us to wait. (Luke 6:40)
Ephesian 1:19-20  I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.
My strength to start my eternal life comes from the enormous power from God. My old sin nature is nothing in comparison but it is still a stronghold that I will have to work to overcome. I can break the power of the hurts, habits and hang-ups that Satan wants to use to keep me from reaching my potential in Jesus but it cannot be defeated by my own efforts.

Jesus love for me and all of these great promises and power motivate me to live for him. When you see yourself through the eyes of God without Jesus sacrifice and then you look at yourself with Jesus you will begin to realize how much he has done for you that you didn't deserve. How could I not live for him? (2 Corinthians 5:14, Colossians 1:13-14)

You are an awesome God, full of glory and power! Thank you for choosing me and making your power available to me.