Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trusting God When Life Is Hard

Sometimes we feel like God is late, uncooperative or inattentive.




Why?
The question that is never far away
But healing doesn't come from the explained
Jesus please don't let this go in vain
You're all I have, All that remains Breathe
Sometimes I feel it's all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through


Psalm 31:14-15 But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands.

Psalms 22:1-5 My God, my God, why have You abandoned me? Why are You so far away when I groan for help?  2  Every day I call to You, my God, but You do not answer. Every night You hear my voice, but I find no relief.  3  Yet You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.  4  Our ancestors trusted in You, and You rescued them.  5  They cried out to You and were saved. They trusted in You and were never disgraced.

Those words can be scary, leaving your future completely in another persons hands isn't what we are inclined to do. We don't like to let go of the situation and allow somebody else to be in charge even if that person has proved to be faithful and loving.

God has given us proof about his character and we know that we can trust in his goodness and his protection but sometimes doubts creep in when we don't think that God behaved the way that we thought that he should. Our pain and our frustration will make us start asking questions like:

✔  “When will that happen?”
✔  “When is God going to do that?”
✔  “How much longer do I have to wait for that?”

With our limited knowledge and with our personal agenda we try and find answers to these questions and try to make sense of our situation. With our logic it seems that God has abandoned us and that there will be no relief or answers, yet we should realize that God hasn't changed, he is still loving and kind and has us in his sights.
Matthew 26:39  He went on a little farther and bowed with His face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from Me. Yet I want Your will to be done, not Mine."
It is okay to ask for deliverance or for a "plan b" but we should submit cheerfully to the will of God, confident that in all of these trials he is wiser than we are and he has plans that are bigger than ours and he isn't limited to our clock and calendar.

I have to remember that God is on time, he wants the best for me and he wants to be glorified in my life.

When God Is Inattentive


Your difficulties are not proof that God doesn't like you.

When God Doesn't Cooperate


You may want that thorn to go away but it may be something that God wants to use.

When God Is Late


There isn't anything that God can't do, so why isn't he doing something?