Friday, February 27, 2009

A Higher Calling

Who is calling you?


scripture

Ephesians 4:1-3 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

observation

We have a higher calling that we should live up to, we should live with:

Humility
Psalms 147:6 The LORD sustains the humble

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment,

Gentleness
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

Patience
Psalms 37:7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him

Lamentations 3:26 It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Love
1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Unity
1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

John 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

application

We have a higher standard to live up to and we have a higher calling on our lives so that we may be first-class ambassadors for our savior:

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

I will strive to represent my Savior appropriately, Christ message should be lived out in my life on a daily basis.

prayer

Help me to live up to the higher calling that you have placed on your children, give me the power to live as an ambassador for your kingdom.