Monday, December 29, 2008

The Most Awesome Fishing Trip

SCRIPTURE


Matthew 4:19-20 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” At once they left their nets and followed him.

OBSERVATION

Jesus left home that morning and began to teach and as he arrived at the Sea of Galilee the soon to be disciples were cleaning their nets from having fished all night. Next thing they know they are receiving an invitation to go on another fishing trip.

We may feel like we are over worked, don’t have the time or we may require more information about God’s mission for us, but despite their lack of sleep or lack of information about what this new vocation would be, the disciples joyfully accepted the invite to work with our Lord and immediately followed him wherever he was going without looking back.

APPLICATION

I will not make excuses about why I cannot tell the good news or participate in ministry wherever the Lord is asking me to go.

PRAYER

Help me to be bold Lord so that I will make the most of every opportunity to share the gospel and to work for your kingdom. I want to be useful for your work.