Friday, August 01, 2008

Can I Get A Witness

Scripture


Luke 2:8-40  But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: "Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel."

Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Observations

Testify:
Angels - Good news is for everyone, the Savior is here
Simeon - The Savior is for all people
Anna - The Redeemer

There was a lot of excitement back then that has been lost through the ages. It is difficult to be excited about a Savior as we live our cushy lives in America. A Savior isn't on our minds when we don't experience oppression.

Application

I need to be excited about our Savior and what he has done for me. I need not be ashamed to testify with excitement.

Prayer

Stir up excitement in me to testify and share the good news.