Sunday, July 30, 2017

I Am Loved Unconditionally

Praise God that I am his child and I am not defined by my mistakes.



Video: Jason Gray - "Remind Me Who I Am"

Ephesians 2:3-5 All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else. 4 But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)

Ephesians 3:17-19 Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Looking back on fifty plus years with plenty of wrong turns and mistakes, it would be easy to get down on myself, we all have a personal history that is full of things we wish we had never done and places we wish we had never gone.

The best way to keep from allowing my mistakes to define me is to remind myself of who I am in Christ. God's grace is so amazing because he knows us 100% and yet he still loves us 100%. How can you not feel loved and forgiven if you fully understand the gospel?

We can never measure up to God's standards but thank God he knows that I can't and he chose to love me anyway. God's infinite mercy came to my rescue and changed my standing in his eyes.
In saving us from his own wrath, God has done what we could not do, and he has done what we didn’t deserve.
-Joseph Scheumann (desiringgod.org)
My identity isn't about all of the good or the bad that I have done, I am identified as a child of God, I can put down all of the labels that life may hand me and take up the label that says "beloved child of God." Any other label that I try to wear will only bring me down and make me feel defeated.

Check out all of the things that God says about me.