Saturday, March 18, 2017

Big, Big Love

The love of Jesus is too great to fully understand.


Ephesians 3:18-19  And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.

19  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.

1 Timothy 1:12-14 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do his work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve him, 13 even though I used to blaspheme the name of Christ. In my insolence, I persecuted his people. But God had mercy on me because I did it in ignorance and unbelief.

14 Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus.

Most of us lose the excitement of new found love eventually. A few disagreements is all that it takes to realize that the newly loved person is truly a human that has flaws. Thankfully there is love that is so much more incredible than that.

God's love is so overwhelming that Paul prayer that we would be able to understand it, he never got over the big, big love that he experienced from God. A man that was going against God's will so aggressively by persecuting the people that were doing God's will.

The world that we live in doesn't understand big love that is perfect, we are used to small love that has strings attached and easily fades away, our imperfect minds cannot understand the extent of God's love.

God loves us so much!

John 3:16  "For God loved the world SO much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
There isn't a better lover in all of the world than God, he loved his creation so much that he was willing to be separated from his Son and watch him endure the difficulties that he faced on earth. Jesus was willing to be beaten and crucified so that Satan's plan would be destroyed.

That just blows my mind that I have that much value in God's eyes! I don't know if we can possibly know "how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is" and why it is that big. How could somebody that is so perfect love something that is so messed up?

Thank you Lord for putting such incredible value in me! I am glad that you have made it easy to experience your grace so that I can spend eternity with you!