Thursday, July 11, 2019

I Didn't Feel Called

Are you supposed to be somewhere else?



This video has some tough questions about our faith and our obedience. Are you called to do something? Are you supposed to be serving somewhere else? Are you waiting for a burning bush.

To truly follow Christ means He has become everything to us, it is difficult to comprehend how extreme the word everything is, I don't think that any of us really go extreme in desiring God. We say we want to know him but we don't cultivate the relationship, he has called us to know him and live for him
Are you called?

1. God calls weak people and supplies for them (Exodus 3:1-8)
2. God calls all people to faithful obedience (1 Samuel 3:1-10)
3. God calls his people to speak truth in dark times (Isaiah 6:1-8)
4. God calls his enemies (Acts 9:1-6)
How often do we see needs and think that somebody should fill the gap in that situation? What if it was our opportunity and we missed it? We have all felt that internal nudge to do something, you see a need, you feel some tension inside, but just like the disciples you say "this is all I have."

What do you do when Jesus tells you to do something impossible? You tell God that there is no way that you have the resources or the skill set, you are not equipped, you are scared but God says "I don't care, bring what you have."

You may tell God, "I am not someone that meets that kind of need, I am somebody that prays for somebody to meet that need. I'm just a prayer warrior" But God says "I don't care, bring what you have."