Monday, June 30, 2014

Do Something

It's not enough to do nothing, It's time for us to do something.



"Do Something" by Matthew West
Matthew shares the real-life story of a girl who asked, "If I don't do something, who will?

God's children can long for heaven so much that the trials and the injustice of this sinful world will get us down. Instead of getting depressed about everything that we see wrong in the world we need to see these difficulties in life as opportunities to "do something."

Since we have experienced God's ultimate love, love so big that he had to "do something" for us, we should be compelled to love our neighbor and "do something" for them.

I woke up this morning
Saw a world full of trouble now
Thought, how'd we ever get so far down
How's it ever gonna turn around
So I turned my eyes to Heaven
I thought, "God, why don't You do something?"

Well, I just couldn't bear the thought of
People living in poverty
Children sold into slavery
The thought disgusted me
So, I shook my fist at Heaven
Said, "God, why don't You do something?"
He said, "I did, I created you"

If not us, then who
If not me and you
Right now, it's time for us to do something
If not now, then when
Will we see an end
To all this pain
It's not enough to do nothing
It's time for us to do something

I'm so tired of talking
About how we are God's hands and feet
But it's easier to say than to be
Live like angels of apathy who tell ourselves
It's alright, "somebody else will do something"

Well, I don't know about you
But I'm sick and tired of life with no desire
I don't want a flame, I want a fire
I wanna be the one who stands up and says,
"I'm gonna do something"

We are the salt of the earth
We are a city on a hill
But we're never gonna change the world
By standing still

RELATED ARTICLES
God Is Love (diggingtheword.blogspot.com)

God's Children Should Love Differently (diggingtheword.blogspot.com)

God Doesn't Have Favorites (diggingtheword.blogspot.com)

Does Anybody Still Care WWJD?
(diggingtheword.blogspot.com)