Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stirred But Not Changed

Lord, give me a burden that's so strong, that it will last when my tears are gone.


Matthew 9:36-38 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. 38 So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”

Just wanted to share a song, I have never heard this song, I just heard about it last night at choir practice when my minister of music spoke about his trip to Africa.

This song by Lanny Wolfe says a lot about the way that we live and the attitude that we have toward the work that Jesus gave us to do. We hear about the work that the believer is to be doing and we vow to do more but then life gets in the way.

Our main work is the continuation of Jesus Christ’s mission while he was here on earth. His people are empowered by the Holy Spirit  to give a  witness for him, to preach, teach, baptize and make disciples of all peoples.

Stirred But Not Changed


Often times my heart has been stirred by the things that I have heard,
About so many who have never heard God's word,
And though tears would fill my eyes all to soon
I'd realize though my hearts been stirred my life has not been changed.

Chorus:
I'm so tired of being stirred about the lost who need to hear.
I'm so tired of being stirred that His coming is so near;
I'm so tired of being stirred till I cry bitter tears.
I'm so tired of being stirred but not being changed.

Have I heard it for so long that He's just another song?
Has the story lost its thrill that I once knew?
Lord, give me a burden that's so strong,
That it will last when my tears are gone.
I'm tired of what I've been. Lord, make me over again.

Chorus

But this time Lord change me let the work begin just now,
This time Lord change me please change me some how,
This time Lord change me let my life be rearranged,
For I'm so tired of being stirred but not being changed
Each time that I return from a mission trip I feel very strange going about the normal routines of life, the stuff that seems to get in the way of the really important work that needs to be done, there appears to be no time to follow your heart.

Lord change me so that I live mission minded everyday; keep me from being calloused to the needs around me.