Saturday, August 06, 2011

Give God The Glory

Nature glorifies God, how about you?


Romans 11:36  For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.

Matthew 5:16  In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.

1 Corinthians 10:31  Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory

Isaiah 43:7  Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory.

Psalm 19:1  The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands.

Did you ever have to put together a piece of furniture and it actually turned out the way it looked in the store? It makes you feel good to have created something from a pile of imitation wood and somebody may feel like giving you an "atta boy."

God's work in creation is so spectacular that it brings glory to himself,  just look at all of the splendor and beauty of everything that God made, all of it points us to how awesome he is. Just look at the complex bodies that we have and how delicate the different systems in them are and how well they work together. Take a look at nature, the planet, the sky and the pictures of the galaxies. (Psalm 19:1)

Another way that God is supposed to get the glory is through my good works, not that my good works could make God love me more or help me earn a place in heaven, but my good works are supposed to draw attention to God so that he gets the glory. (Matthew 5:16)

My spiritual gifts, natural abilities, my role as a dad and my good deeds should all put God in the spotlight. It is God that works in me to do anything good and it is God that first showed me what love is, as a result I need to give God the praise and glory for any good deed that I accomplish.

1 John 4:19  We love because He first loved us.

Your creation is is so awesome, I want to thank you Lord for your workmanship and thank you for showing me what love is, I pray that I will bring you glory through my good deeds and help point people to you.