Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolution #1 - Resolve To Pray

Start the day with God and keep him with you all day long.


Philippians 4:6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Psalm 86:1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help.

Worry is a universal trait, everybody does it, in fact it is probably the greatest time waster that is known to man. Worrying is so natural for us to do that we do it even when things are going well, we worry that things are going too good and that the bottom is about to fall out from under us.

God has a better plan, he wants us to trust in him no matter how things are going, through the good and the bad, he wants us to talk to him about it and leave it in his hands. I need to be determined to pray more in every circumstance because if I don't then it will get pushed off of my to-do list.

We should develop pray as a way of life seeking to know him so that we can react to every situation the way that he would. A prayerful lifestyle declares that I need God and that I trust him to handle whatever comes my way.

I need to:
  • Set aside a time to talk to God each morning at the begining of the day
  • Focus on worship, before I ask for anything that benefits me, leave the shopping list behind
  • Ask God to shape me and help me to realize that everything works out for my good, he is working in every situation and sometimes the bad times are meant to shape my character.
  • Remain in prayer throughout the day
Thank you Lord for wanting to hear from me. I confess that it is easier to pray for my wants and forget that I am talking to the God of the universe that deserves my praise and adoration before I make my request.