Thursday, September 02, 2010

Fear Not

Stop worrying about it!


Matthew 10:28-31  "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 

29  What is the price of two sparrows--one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.  30  And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.  31  So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Luke 12:4-5  "Dear friends, don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that.  5  But I'll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, He's the One to fear.

What do I have to worry about? Not a thing! The only thing, the ONLY thing that matters at all is where I am going after my life on this planet is finished and since that issue is settled then what else is there.

The God of this hugh universe takes care of the smallest of his creation, the insignificant details of creation are personally known to him. Surely he will take care of me, after all I am made in his likeness, I have a soul that will live on after this body is worn out and gone, certainly he knows that details and cares about everyone of them.
Romans 8:35, 37  Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
I stand in awe of you Lord. It is amazing that you created an infinite universe and placed me in one little corner of it and yet you want a relationship with "little old me." Thank you for taking care of me.

You might like to read: Commands of Jesus blog series.