Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Disciple Has Purpose In Living

Jesus gives us a rich and satisfying life.

 John 10:10-11  The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. 

11  "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices His life for the sheep.


Just like the servicemen and women that enter the battlefield for the purpose of saving lives, we need to enter the battlefield of the day-to-day grind of daily living and share the gospel with those who need to hear it—so that we can save lives too.

Jesus lived life passionate for God so that he could reproduce disciples that are passionate about God he definitely lived a life worth dying for. Just how committed are we to the task that he has assigned to us?

It would be enough to keep me from annihilation or hell but Jesus said that his purpose is to give me a life of eternal joy, peace and satisfaction. If I do not live for the mission that he has called to to then my life will be very unfulfilled.

Help me to remember that the purpose for living is not so that I can be selfish, I have been called to a higher purpose that makes life worth living and worth dying for.